Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Meeting Robert

    Robert Solomon is a unique 19 year-old with a passion for comedy. Our documentary is based on the art of comedy, but it mainly focuses on his story. On Monday night, I had the opportunity of interviewing him for the first time. I went to his house with the expectation of getting filler shots of his room, and anything that described Robert.
"However, when I got there, I realized that he was actually really camera shy."
     I was able to get some footage of him talking and items in his room that were meaningful. Afterwards, I felt like it was my job to make him feel more comfortable. So I turned my camera off and just started talking to him. I wanted to know who Robert Solomon was, and I knew that if I didn't do something to make him feel comfortable, he wouldn't have been himself on camera. I told him that on Tuesday we would be doing the interview portion with Christina, so to just relax. I put my camera away, and for the next hour, I talked to him and got to know a little about Robert Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment