Friday, April 17, 2015

The Million Dollar Idea

Bob Marley
    On Saturday April 11, I had the opportunity to meet Eduardo Sanabria (Edo), a very respectable and talented cartoonist, in my art class. He showed us a bit of his work and taught us the basics of cartoon art. What's interesting about his art is that he utilizes both his skills for art and Photoshop to create very unique cartoons. His class inspired me to do something similar for our documentary poster.
Eduardo Sanabria









Steve Jobs
  For our poster, we knew we wanted it to be fun and capture the essence of comedy. At first, we were going to use a photograph of Robert performing, but then I came up with the idea to use what I had learned in my art class and apply it to our poster. I had the idea of using a photograph of Robert, and make it a cartoon with an influence of pop art. This would make the poster more intriguing and unique.  My only setback, however, was that I had never used Photoshop in my life.

View  more of Edo's work here:   Edo's Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment